Article Analysis #1
Read the article “Managing Osteoarthritis: Comparisons of Chair Yoga, Reiki, and Education (Pilot Study).” Provide a hard copy to the instructor along with the analysis. The analysis should range from 3 to 5 pages excluding a cover page and reference page. It will count for 10% of the total grade.Provide the name of the journal, publication year, volume number, and key words. (1 paragraph)
What is the aim of this study? (1 paragraph)
Provide a summary of a theory or conceptual model and describe it. (1 paragraph)
Summarize the literature regarding what previous research studies reported about Yoga and Reiki. (1/2 page)
Describe the type of research:
a. Is this study basic research or applied research? Provide the rationale and evidence for your response.
b. Is this qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method research? Provide the rationale for your response.
c. Is this cross-sectional or longitudinal research? Provide the rationale for your response.
d. Is this descriptive, exploratory, predictive, explanatory, or evaluation research? Provide the rationale for your response.
List the research questions. (1 paragraph)
What type of research design did the researchers use? Provide a rationale for the design. (1 paragraph)
Identify the intervention(s) used in the study. (1 paragraph)
Describe the sample recruitment process, including inclusion and exclusion criteria. (1 paragraph)
10. Describe the sampling method (how were the participants recruited?).
11. Report the main outcomes of the study related to each research question. (1 paragraph)
12. What instruments (standardized measures) were used to measure the outcomes? Describe each instrument, including reliability and/or validity scores. (1/2 page)
13. Briefly summarize the study findings. (1/2 page)
14. What are the implications for future research and policy and for social work practice? (1/2 page)?