Please read the instructions and grading rubric document for this assignment very thoroughly and carefully. ONLY use the sources I asked for in the instructions document AND what you will have to look up on the Internet on your own. Do not plagiarize, whatsoever. AGAIN, follow the prompt of this assignment very thoroughly; all questions MUST be answered, correctly and appropriately.
504: Discussion Board 04 Instructions
Prompt: Based upon your research and study of this course, answer the question of whether or not statesmanship is still possible in today’s divided political context in the U.S. Support your examples with citations from the required reading as well as examples of specific actions and decisions made by contemporary leaders, such as President Obama, Sarah Palin, Hillary Clinton, Mike Huckabee, Sonia Sotomayor (you will have to look up on Internet on these leaders and give specific examples of actions and decisions made – One action/decision made for each leaders, then discuss).
Be sure to follow grading rubric as it further specifies everything that needs to e covered as well.
***Further Instructions on Sources:
- 5-6 citations from PDF file by Newell, Terry. Statesmanship, Character, and Leadership in America. New York: Palgrave MacMillian, 2013. PDF file: “Newell_Chapter8FosteringStatesmanshipinPublicLife.”
- Only use 1 citations if related to prompt from this PDF file call “Christian Statesmanship_A Lobby for God.”
- Only use 1 citation if related to prompt from this PDF file call “MOD 6 – Kuyper.”
- Only use 1 citation if related to prompt from this PDF file call “Thy Will Be Done.”
- Only use 1 citation if related to prompt from this PDF file call “Democracy and the Neo-Calvinist Tradition.”
- MUST have 2 biblical scriptures that go along with this assignment – Biblical scriptures MUST tie in with what this prompt is asking.
***Further Instructions on Assignment:
Please follow instructions above and grading rubric very thoroughly and carefully. Make sure this assignment has an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. Must be formatted in current Turabian style and include a bibliography. Make sure to include (correct) page numbers for citations. NO PLAGIARISM as I will check if it is OR not. DO NOT STRAY FROM WHAT THIS ASSIGNMENT IS ASKING; MAKE SURE TO COVER ALL AREAS BEING ASKED (ABOVE UNDER “PROMPT”). Remember, this is a graduate (Master’s) level assignment, so make sure that it is – Graduate level academic writing on this assignment is very important.
ONLY use the sources I’ve asked above.
***Helpful Hint: In discussing a leaders statesmanship (for whichever contemporary you have chosen as well as their actions and decisions made), you must also study his or her statecraft (i.e. their political philosophy germane to the singular action that you have highlight as a signature of leaders statesmanship). If you have selected an action involving foreign policy, then you need to discuss the involvement of his philosophy of foreign policy. If you have selected an action involving a domestic issue, then I want to see that you understand the philosophy behind this decision. Moreover, you need to present the leaders critics, and how that affects the leaders overall statesmanship. In other words, a final paper that simply provides a bibliographical record focusing on the character traits, e.g. `integrity` ` selflessness` ‘oratory’ etc. will be a deficient paper. Another helpful hint: Should statesmen become more ideological, or pragmatic and bipartisan in their statecraft?