We write, we don’t plagiarise! Every answer is different no matter how many orders we get for the same assignment. Your answer will be 100% plagiarism-free, custom written, unique and different from every other student.
I agree to receive phone calls from you at night in case of emergency
Please share your assignment brief and supporting material (if any) via email here at: email@example.com after completing this order process.
No Plagiarism Guarantee - 100% Custom Written
Food Connect is an example of a community supported agriculture scheme operating in Australia. It is a practical example of food democracy in action. This assignment is a critical review of Food Connect using a number of lenses including (a) Hassanein’s (2008) dimensions of meaningful participation and (b) Stevenson et.al.’s (2007) Warrior, Builder and Weaver approach.
In preparing for this assignment task, students should do two things first:
(i) Explore and familiarise yourself with the Food Connect model via website and Facebook pages
Read all the information tabs and visit the comments and blogs to gain a good understanding of the model and how it works.
(ii) Read Stevenson, Ruhf et.al (2007) Warrior, Builder and Weaver Work –
Strategies for Changing the Food System. In Remaking the North American Food System Strategies for Sustainability. C.C. Hinrichs and T.A. Lyons (Eds). University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln.
Note: This article is available as an E-reading.
Make sure you understand the concept and roles of Warrior, Builder, Weaver and think about how it might apply to the Food Connect example.
Write a critical review of this example of food democracy. In your review essay you
should include the following:
- A brief overview of Food Connect; how it works and how it came about
- How does this example impact on health? How and to what degree might it impact on the industrial food system?
- Discuss how Food Connect addresses each of the four dimensions of meaningful participation (Hassanein 2008). 12
- Using the warrior, builder, weaver approach, critique and discuss how Food Connect contributes to food democracy?
- Discuss how effective Food Connect might be in terms of citizen’s regaining control and long term food system change?
Your assignment will be assessed according to the following criteria, the extent to
1. Provides critically analyses of food citizenship and civic agriculture
2. Provides a clear understanding of the practical challenges and opportunities to build food democracy
3. Demonstrates critical understanding of the range of player/structures that may be involved in the politics of transforming the food supply and how this may impact on public health.
4. Meets the general assessment criteria, such as:
• provides a lucid introduction that relates your paper to public health issues generally
• shows a sophisticated understanding of the key issues
• shows the ability to interpret relevant information and literature in relation to the topic
• shows evidence of reading beyond the core and recommended reading
• justifies any conclusions reached with well-formed arguments not merely assertion
• complies with normal academic standards of legibility, referencing and bibliographical details