We write, we don’t plagiarise! Every answer is different no matter how many orders we get for the same assignment. Your answer will be 100% plagiarism-free, custom written, unique and different from every other student.
I agree to receive phone calls from you at night in case of emergency
Please share your assignment brief and supporting material (if any) via email here at: [email protected] after completing this order process.
No Plagiarism Guarantee - 100% Custom Written
Assignment 1. Briefing Session and Workshop
You have been asked by a group of professionals in your area to present a two-hour briefing session or workshop (informationsharing) on Action Research. Approximately 30 minutes has been allocated to the briefing and 90 minutes to the workshop.
In the briefing you have been asked to:
• Explain the theoretical origins of Action Research and the conceptual framework, which supports the research process.
• clarify key terminology related to Action Research and reflective practice.
• highlight the cultural dynamics of community based Action Research and role of the researcher.
• identify the activities/considerations to be completed prior to commencing the research process.
• establish the strengths and limitations of this approach to research for your profession.
• You are required to prepare a briefing paper covering the above points. This paper will form the basis of your address and will be provided as a hand-out to the participants.
• The workshop session (approximately 90 minutes) is to include a number of learning activities to enable the participants to begin to apply the principles and process of
Action Research to the professional area. Individual and group activities will need to be planned to maximise participation in the session. You are required to plan a minimum of two activities for the workshop. Structured activity sheets need to be providedto participants. These activity sheets should identify the aim or purpose of theactivity and include clear directions for the
participants to follow in order to complete the activity.
• In addition to the briefing paper and the workshop activities you are required to write a one page statement to explain how youplan to conduct the session and justify the relevance and utility of the activities that have been prepared.
In summary you are required to:
• write a briefing paper on Action Research suitable for delivery to the participating
• plan two workshop activities which would enable participants to apply some of the
principles and process of community based
• Action Research in a collaborative setting.
• prepare a one page rationale to support the design of the session.
Your instructional approach to this session should model the philosophical orientation and
approach implicit in community based Action Research.
As Stringer (2004) suggested:
...appropriate language thus becomes the cornerstone of community based action research.
Examine teaching and/or unit evaluations to identify areas of improvement in teaching practice or the student experience.
Use appropriate action research methodologies to design and implement an action learning project that addresses an identified issue or need.
Evaluate the results of the action learning project and develop a plan for the modification of the teaching-learning process in a nominated unit/course.
Thinking skills (use analytical skills to solve problems).
Apply discipline knowledge.
Detailed briefing session
(30 minutes) on community based action research Overall briefing session makes very good use of the allocated time. The principles of action research are very clearly explained and stimulating
1. Explain the theoretical origins of action research and the conceptual framework, which supports the research process. Strong explanation of theoretical origins which soundly supports the research process - sound references
2. Clarify key terminology related to action research and reflective practice. Very strong clarification of the key terminology relating to action research and reflective practice - sound references
3. Highlight the cultural dynamics of action research and role of the researcher. Very good highlights of cultural dynamics of action research and role of researcher - sound references
4. Identify the activities /considerations to be completed prior to commencing the research process. Very good explanation of activities / consideration to be completed prior to commencing research - sound references
5. Establish the strengths and limitations of this approach to research for your profession. Very sound discussion regarding the strengths and limitations of this research approach - references provide strong support
(90 minutes) on principles and process of action research Overall workshop session makes excellent use of the allocated time. The principles of action research are very clearly explained and stimulating
1. Individual activity - activity sheet and supporting materials Activity sheet provides very clear aim, directions, self-directed and innovative learning experience. Sound use of supporting materials (eg, PowerPoint slides)
2. Group activity - activity sheet and supporting materials Activity sheet provides very clear aim, directions, self-directed and innovative group learning experience. Sound use of supporting materials (eg, PowerPoint slides)
One page rationale - to explain how you plan to conduct the session and justify the relevance and utility of the activities that have been prepared Very sound explanation of how the session will be conducted. Very sound justification of innovative design of the session
Presentation. Spelling and Grammar Professionally presented - spelling and grammar is very accurate - Very appropriate references included