We write, we don’t plagiarise! Every answer is different no matter how many orders we get for the same assignment. Your answer will be 100% plagiarism-free, custom written, unique and different from every other student.
I agree to receive phone calls from you at night in case of emergency
Please share your assignment brief and supporting material (if any) via email here at: email@example.com after completing this order process.
No Plagiarism Guarantee - 100% Custom Written
For this essay I would like you to compare and contrast The Epic of Gilgamesh with Homer’s The Iliad. You may choose any of the prompts below, or combine more than one if you wish. However, you must deliver a specific, debatable thesis that reflects a careful analysis of each work. Please be careful not to simply summarize each of the stories. Rather, use specific scenes or moments from the works to support your argument. Assume that your audience is familiar with both works thereby eliminating the necessity of going into great detail explaining a scene. You may use the course PowerPoints for support, but that is not necessary. This is not a research paper, so outside sources are not required. You will have to cite the works themselves, however, and this must be done using proper MLA in-text citations and a proper works cited page. If you have a topic you wish to write on, but it is not listed below, you may send me an email detailing the topic and if I give my OK, you may write on that topic. Any paper that does not cover one of the topics below, or a topic that I have given approval to will not be accepted, so please insure I have approved your topic if it is not listed on this sheet.
1. Compare Gilgamesh with Achilles as characters. Here you can explore how each is a semi-divine personage, how each grows or fails to grow throughout his particular story, how each reacts to a friend’s death.
2. Compare the women and their roles in each story.
3. Compare the gods and their roles in each story and how the antagonists of each work perceive these gods and interact with these gods.
4. Compare The Hero’s Journey of Gilgamesh with the Hero’s Journey of Achilles. Is Achilles on a Hero’s Journey? How do the two characters compare at the end of the stories?
5. Compare the lessons to be learned from each story. What do you feel are the main points for each story? Why were they written?