We write, we don’t plagiarise! Every answer is different no matter how many orders we get for the same assignment. Your answer will be 100% plagiarism-free, custom written, unique and different from every other student.
I agree to receive phone calls from you at night in case of emergency
Please share your assignment brief and supporting material (if any) via email here at: firstname.lastname@example.org after completing this order process.
No Plagiarism Guarantee - 100% Custom Written
(1) Draw trees for the following examples. (Examples (a) and (c) are French.)
a. Muriel lit toujours les journaux. ‘Muriel always reads the papers.’
M. reads always the papers
b. Should the papers really print the allegations?
c. Voit il vraiment le chat? ‘Does he really see the cat?’
sees he really the cat
(2) Draw trees for the following examples.
a. Strange claims have been made in the meeting.
b. The proposal seemed to fool the voters.
c. The files seem to have been lost.
(3) Briefly explain for all the noun phrases in (2a), (2b) and (2c) how they get their theta-role and how case assignment works. What is the role of movement here? The discussion should take place under each relevant tree.
(4) Draw trees for the sentences in (1) below.
For all verbs (not auxiliaries) state what theta-roles they assign. (That should help with the trees.)
For example: ‘He must like ice cream’: like assigns a subject theta role to he and an object theta role to ice cream.
In all trees indicate theta role assignment with arrows. Also, indicate movement with arrows. (Using different colours for movement and theta role assignment may be a good idea.) Where something moves to get Case, also indicate that (e.g. write “for Case” under the movement arrow).
Note: Several types of movement may happen in one structure.
(1) a. Frank tried to buy [N ice cream].
b. Frank is likely to order an ice cream.
c. Where should Frank buy the ice cream from?
d. What should have been bought?
(5) Explain the role of PRO in control structures and the role of pro in null subject languages. Give examples. Your answer should not exceed 400 words.