We write, we don’t plagiarise! Every answer is different no matter how many orders we get for the same assignment. Your answer will be 100% plagiarism-free, custom written, unique and different from every other student.
I agree to receive phone calls from you at night in case of emergency
Please share your assignment brief and supporting material (if any) via email here at: firstname.lastname@example.org after completing this order process.
No Plagiarism Guarantee - 100% Custom Written
Media Sociology and Media Culture, 2017-18
Autumn Essay Questions
Word length: 2000. Submit via Unilearn.
Answer ONE of the following questions.
1) Why, according to Raymond Williams, is ‘culture … one of the two or three most complicated words in the English language’?
2) Marx argues that ‘the ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas’. What does he mean by this? Use two or three newspaper articles to support your arguments.
3) Adorno argues that popular culture offers the ‘freedom to choose what is always the same’. Interrogate this statement by analysing two or three relevant media examples.
4) Providing relevant supporting quotations from Frankfurt School writers, how and why did culture become industrialized during the early twentieth century?
5) According to Roland Barthes, what are mythologies and how should we ‘read’ them?
6) Foucault suggests that ‘power is everywhere; not because it embraces everything, but because it comes from everywhere’. Discuss in relation to either gym cultures or fashion or food cultures.
7) What are the major legacies of the Birmingham school’s approach to popular culture? Discuss in relation to television audiences.
You may also develop your own essay question based on themes and theories from the module, but this will need to be discussed and signed off by your seminar tutor.